Friday, January 3, 2014

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error in SharePoint 2013

 HTTP 500 Internal Server Error in SharePoint 2013

                            


issue with one of web site created.

Issue: Website cannot display the page due to HTTP 500 Internal Server Error.
 I tried to do  open SharePoint Central Administration, to see if I get the same error message. Strangely, I was able to open Central Administration without any errors.

  
I opened IIS Manager to make sure SharePoint – 80 Application Pool was running, and I noticed that SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPoolapplication pool was stopped.
                      


 I started SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool application pool, refreshed my SharePoint site but that didn’t resolve the issue. I opened IIS manager and noticed
that SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool was stopped again.

I Check the  IIS events log to check what’s the issuewith SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool application pool

 The IIS event log showed the warning ID 5021:
The identity of application pool SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool is invalid. The user name or password that is specified for the identity may be incorrect, or the user may not have batch logon rights. If the identity is not corrected, the application pool will be disabled when the application pool receives its first request.  If batch logon rights are causing the problem, the identity in the IIS configuration store must be changed after rights have been granted before Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) can retry the logon. If the identity remains invalid after the first request for the application pool is processed, the application pool will be disabled. The data field contains the error number.
In order to resolve this problem I navigated back to IIS manager 

SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool application pool-> Advanced Settings.
                     

 Navigated to the Identity option.
                                                


Updated the user’s credentials and clicked on OK.       
         


I performed iisreset.
  
And opened IIS manager again to check if it

worked. SecurityTokenServiceApplicationPool was now started and didn’t stop anymore.
  
My SharePoint 2013 site was working again!
 Please Comment if you need Any Help.Your Feed back is always Welcome.I Am Happy to Help !!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Just desire to say your article is as surprising. The clarity to your put up is simply
    nice and i could assume you're knowledgeable in this subject.
    Well with your permission allow me to clutch your feed to keep up to date with drawing close post.
    Thank you one million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Issue resolved by restarting the token apppoll....thanks man

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear all thanks for providing precious information about the above issue. After installing may 2015 CU to my SharePoint 2013 enterprise server , i m facing sort of the same issue , but in my case all services /application pools are running fine, No password changed but still issue is there, any other clue to solve this issue.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is Much Appreciated. I will try to reply to your queries as soon as possible!!Anil Avula

ShareThis

X